Friday, November 25, 2011

After Amenah Bahrami agreed to a pardon, the rejected suitor who blinded her by throwing acid in her face got to keep his eyesight and now the Iranian courts have decided that he gets to keep his cash as well

Majid Movahedi, who was minutes away from having acid dropped in his own eyes when Bahrami spared him, has had his sentence commuted to 10 years in prison and is no longer required to pay compensation to his victim. Bahrami says that she needs the money for plastic surgery, and she felt cheated when authorities told her that the pardon meant she would no longer receive compensation. "Even though I agreed to pardon Mr Movahedi, I didn't think I was surrendering my right to compensation," she says. "If Majid Movahedi walks out of prison without paying the compensation money for my eyes, it means I have been subjected to injustice."

1 comment:

Dougie said...

So the Iranians decided to reward her compassion by screwing her over. What a country!