Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Black man electrocutes his daughter in South Africa

Angry with his teenage daughter for wearing a tongue stud, an Ntuzuma father allegedly assaulted her for hours, tied her up and then electrocuted her. Siphiwe Dlangisa, 38, is on trial for the murder of his daughter, Nonkululeko, 16, at his home in 2009. Dlangisa pleaded not guilty to murder at the start of the trial before Judge Shyam Gyanda in the Scottburgh High Court. His attorney, Vusi Khathi, said Dlangisa admitted hitting his daughter but denied electrocuting her. Dlangisa's son Mbuso, 17, testified for the State that he saw Dlangisa arrive at home with Nonkululeko and her mother, Nompumelelo Maphumulo, on October 31, 2009. "After they arrived at the main house, I heard the deceased screaming. I saw my father grab her by the neck. Then I saw the deceased's mother leave the house. She had blood on her shirt. My father then took the deceased to his shack, next to the main house." Mbuso said he asked Maphumulo about the blood. "She told me that my father had hit the deceased because she had put in a tongue ring. I heard the deceased crying and then it stopped." Mbuso said that a short while later his father ordered him to guard the deceased and he went to fetch a rope. "Nonkululeko asked me to untie her, but I did not because he returned." He then saw Dlangisa tie Nonkululeko to an electricity pole outside his shack and electrocute her with a cord.

No comments: